Monday, March 24, 2008

Merry Easter

Things started moving early at Wifey’s House yesterday morning. For the first time we woke up before the crack of dawn to attend Easter Sunrise Service. I figure after all that Jesus has done for us, the least we could do is set our alarm clocks a couple hours earlier. I’m glad we did. It was a beautiful service complete with a candlelit march into the sanctuary, the sun rising just as it was time for communion, and a shrimp and grits breakfast immediately after - yum.

After the service, Husband banked several cool points by letting me sleep for three hours before we headed to my mother’s for Easter dinner. Yeah, he’s a keeper.

Dinner was fabulous – Leg of lamb, ham, macaroni and cheese, peas and rice, asparagus, greens, coleslaw, rolls, and chocolate brownie pie and homemade cheesecake for dessert. Apparently, somebody forgot to tell my mother that we were celebrating the day Jesus had risen not the day he was born, because she clearly thought it was Christmas. Between the food and the presents – yes, I said presents — it truly felt and looked like Christmas to me.

After the Easter Bunny visiting my house, my mother-in-law, my sister, and Mrs. Claus, I mean my mother; I was loading shopping bags full of presents and candy into my car when it was time to leave. Hand-held video games, stuffed animals, sunglasses, candy, action figures, hair bows, you name it the kids got it.


Some of the goodies...



The happy recipients ...

By the time I left I was wishing everyone Merry Easter. I’m poking fun but truthfully, I’m grateful. I’m grateful for Easter – the reason we were celebrating; for such a loving family to celebrate with and that my children bring so much joy to all of them. I can’t think of a better day to celebrate and be grateful. I hope that you had a Merry Easter, too.

Warm Smiles,
Wifey

2 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Happy belated Easter to you. I'll have to send you a link to my family blog so you can check out our photos. Have an awesome week. Angela

Unknown said...

Thanks, Angela! I would love to see your photos. Please do send the link. Have a great week, too!