Monday, March 2, 2009

Bye Bye Miss American Pie



Isn’t she gorgeous? And, yes she tastes just as good as she looks. That was a piece of my favorite chocolate cream pie that a devoured after going out to dinner with my family last night. And now it’s time to say goodbye. I’m officially on food lockdown even though Husband doesn’t believe me.

“You’ve said that EVERY Sunday for the past four weeks.”

Yes, thank you Husband for bringing that to my attention, but this time I mean it. No, really. I mean it. I have to. See, I set a goal at New Years that I would rock a bikini on my 38th birthday. A little background – I haven’t rocked a bikini since I was … hmm … five. So, if I’m going to do this I’ve got to go on lockdown. My birthday is April 28 and I’ve got a little less than two months to get myself together.

Why am I telling you this? Because I’d love a little help from my friends. Last time I blogged about a fitness goal it helped keep me on track and accountable. And, who knows, maybe I just might inspire one of you to join me in my quest toward bikiniville, too. Yes, you would get to go on a shopping spree.

So, how am I going to do this? By working out and eating clean. Food lockdown does not mean starving myself; in fact I normally eat more when I eat healthier foods. But what it does mean is bye bye chocolate pie and very limited alcohol. Gasp! I know, that’s a big one, but I’ve done it before and I can do it again.

I’m also not stepping on my scale. Last time I became too obsessed with a number that can fluctuate so easily, it’s often counterproductive. Besides, my goal is not about what the scale says, but how I look and feel.

So, encouragement is always welcome. I can also handle tough love. And, if anyone is tackling some fitness goals of their own please let me know – I’d love to cheer you on, too!

Wait! Before you go, a quick question; do your kids miraculously wake up when you lock your bedroom door to have a little fun? I’m venting about that today at Ask Wifey. Come by and let me know I’m not alone …

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me until you mentioned limited alchohol. How's a gal to survive snow day with 3 kids home? Heading over to your other blog.

Unknown said...

LOL! Angela, you got me on that one. Why do you think I've been procrastinating every week? :)

The Broke Socialite said...

*spirit fingers* I can't wait to hear about your progress! Good luck!

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

I wish you luck in your bikini rocking!

In the mean time, you can send me the pies you've sacrificed, because I don't care about what I look like in a bikini. I just want pie! Yummy! That pic had me salivating!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Broke Socialite! I'll keep everyone updated.

Monkey Toe Momma, you are too funny! The pies are in the mail - LOL.

Unknown said...

Grin, "you said that the last..." I know that one.
But so does hubby :)
I'll just be more active and cut down on Snacks....mh.
Somehow I'll manage it this year, sigh. :)
Best of Luck to you though :)!

Unknown said...

Limited alcohol...and you gotta give up that cake? Oh say it isnt so! The damned "keeping yourself up" is the pits!! LOL!

ML said...

I gave up chocolate for lent and have received only mockery. It's served very well to point out where I was sneaking in the excess sugar & calories. I'm going to keep it up the whole time. I'm with you, girlfriend!!

K. Williams said...

I'm with you, girl! I want to rock something this summer, too... not sure about the bikini, but I'll try something. It's a great goal, though! It's no fun being a fat girl in the summer. LOL! I gave up potatoes of all kinds (especially fries & potato chips) for lent. OY EE VEY!

Good luck, and I'll be checking on you often!
- Katt
Transformation: Diary of A Mad, Fat Girl

p.s. still laughing at the breakfast song...need to put that on my blog, too