Monday, March 9, 2009

Batting with the Big Boys

Saturday was opening day at the park where Miles plays baseball. This is his first year moving up from T-ball and it’s a whole new ballgame. For starters the tee is gone so the boys have to hit pitches thrown to them by the coach. Speaking of the boys, they’re bigger, they run faster, throw harder and they’re more interested in winning.

Did I mention he’s only 7?

Well, I’m happy to report that Miles can hang with the big boys. He hit a homerun on his first time up to bat and I caught it all with my new video camera.



Nice camera work, right? Ahem, Miles has skills, too. And, I promise we don’t know A-Rod’s cousin – no sports enhancement drugs at Wifey's House.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Wait! The air date for my show on The Travel Channel has been changed. Come here for all the details.

9 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

You go, Mama! Oh...I mean, you go Miles!! I KNOW you felt proud because I did watching it (smile).

joanofalltrades said...

Yay Miles! I love the cinematography (sp?) through the fence. Way to keep a steady hand through the excitement.

Unknown said...

Very Cool! Good for him, you must be so proud.

Kim/2 Kids said...

That last comment was by me, who knew my daughter had signed onto my account, now you know her name. Can't wait to see you in Chicago.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ladies! Miles saw this post and thought it was cool I put his home run on my blog. I wonder how long that will last ... smiles!

Lindsey said...

Your blog is super cute, you have a new reader!=)

Unknown said...

Alright Miles! And great camera work! I love the "run it, run it" in the background.

MrsM said...

Congrats to your son~he seems to have a natural talent :)

When I saw this I started thinking about the classes we're going to be putting Monkey in this year-I can't believe how fast kids grow up! Baby Bug is already ONE, and now there's the new Bean on the way...too fast I tell you!

Anyway, I'm back around the blogging block (I've got to record all this growing up somehow!) so expect to see me around often.

Anonymous said...

This is a nice post. I love little league baseball. I was a great pitcher for Gareth's teams in the late 90's.

Great Camera work.