Monday, March 23, 2009

"Reunited and It Feels So Good"

A reunion is probably not the best way to describe my Uncle Tony meeting his son, Charles, after 38 years since he never knew he existed; but, after watching the two together you would think they were never separated.

It was a television weekend for my family – I was on The Travel Channel and my uncle and his son’s heartwarming story made the local news. You don’t want to miss this one. …



And they say there are no happy stories on the news. Love you, Charles! Welcome to the family.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

WAIT! The Travel Channel show “Great Cruises: Why Not the Mediterranean?” featuring me and my girlfriends aired this past Saturday night; and today is the last day to win the goodie I brought back from Venice. You guessed, come on over to Ask Wifey to catch a clip of the show and get in on the contest!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is why I read your blog, it is always entertaining and life altering. Thank you so much for sharing this precious moment with us. This is a beautiful story. I am adopted and I don't know my birth father. This story gives me hope. Those two are hilarious. I know the family had a wonderful time that day. You have one good looking family. Congrats to Big Tony and Charles. May the Lord God bless them real good and continue to grow them.

Tears of joy and laughter,

Diamond

MOMSWEB said...

This is GREAT! Unbelievable! Thanks for sharing such a touching REAL story.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I had to stop watching this one. I just found my father after 20 years of not knowing where he was and then to top it off, I just met a sister I never knew I had, over the phone this past weekend. This has been a wish of mine since I was a little girl and now I finally have a little sister. The kicker is when I lived in Fairfield CA 9 years ago, she was living 30 minutes away in Vallejo and I never knew it.

So this one was a tear jerky for me as I'm going through this right now.

The Butterfields said...

Yay! You were a winner in my contest! Send me your address to j_butterfield(at)juno(dot)com and I'll mail you your coupon! Yay!

joanofalltrades said...

What an awesome story and what a cutie Charles is! It's great to hear some good news especially in the ATL where it's a rarity.

Anonymous said...

That was fantastic! I cried tears of joy. What a wonderful story. As your whole family said, there was no doubt that Charles was his son as he looks like the whole family. Thanks for sharing as I never watch the news and wouldn't have seen this story.

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone! It was truly a great day for my family - smiles!