Friday, February 22, 2008

The Crying Game Plan

Milan finally convinced me to watch the Disney movie The Game Plan with her this past weekend. She really had to twist my arm because I had absolutely no desire to lie down on the couch and stare at Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for an entire hour and half.




He is so hard on the eyes.

OK, confession, after little Peyton almost died because she ate nuts and The Rock ran her through the streets in his arm to the hospital, then was absolutely crushed because she choose to stay with her aunt instead of him … ahem … I cried. It wasn’t a full on hysterical cry, in fact I don’t even think a tear actually slipped out, but I got all choked up none the less. No, I am not pregnant, PMS-ing or hormonal. Just a little, um, sensitive. To make it even worse, Milan looked at me in disbelief like, come on Mom, it’s just a kid’s movie.

On a side note, why does the mom normally die in Disney movies? Mustafa took a loss in The Lion King, but otherwise it’s mostly the mom. Nemo, Cinderella, Bambi – the list could go on. Am I the only one who finds this a little disturbing?

Smiles & Cries,
Wifey

0 comments: