Monday, June 23, 2008

Parent Participation

I survived the basketball game – barely – but I did. I feel like I earned a big mom stripe for this one. When I got there it was me and only one other mother (and she plays basketball in a recreational league) signed up to play. The rest of the parents were fathers anxious to reclaim their youth and show their children they’ve still got it.

Talk about testosterone.

I did however, make the starting five, shot the ball a couple of times – they didn’t make it in but my form was respectable – and most importantly I made one special little boy proud.

How about you? Do you have any parent games to play in or any special activities planned with your children? Your participation means the world to your little ones…

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Glad you survived and even had fun--my daughter and I are trying to learn the hula hoop together. I saw Amy Grant do it on GMA and accredited her firm abs to it, so I went out and bought a hoop for us to share. She starts at her neck. Very cute. Mine falls directly on the floor. Not so cute. But fun still

Unknown said...

Too funny. The hula hoop sounds like fun - smiles!

Skeeter said...

Hi ya Wifey!

Our son is 19 now, so we've had our share of every sort of sport known to man. He settled on swimming as his favorite in junion high school. Now he has a scholarship and swims for the university.

Best wishes,
A very proud Skeeter

White Hot Magik said...

I helped my kiddos try to learn baseball at home. I played volleyball badly in our church league and my husband and the boys watched. It took me forever to get my serve back, I was either in the rafters, over the back line or too short for the first few games.

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Sports and I don't go together very well. I'm more the artsy fartsy type. I hope the girls inherit their father's athletic ability. We do crafts together and I make them special somethings. I guess the closest I come to doing something athletic with the girls is performing living room ballet - this consists of us dancing crazy and doing "interpretive dance".