Friday, June 20, 2008

Basketball Mama

Friday’s confession…

Miles’ basketball camp is having a parents’ game today, I’ve been drafted to play and… I’m scared.

OK, maybe scared is a little too dramatic, more like nervous and a little apprehensive. Husband thinks that’s silly. I guess he’s sort of right. I did play basketball in high school and was the captain of my team, ahem, but that was 20 years ago. Let’s hope it’s like riding a bike and it all comes back.

I shoot hoops with Miles in the driveway sometimes and he thinks I’m “a great player!” I guess that’s really all that matters. If it makes little boy smile… I’m game.

Wish me luck!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

5 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

I'm sure you'll do awesome - and all the parents are as nervous as you! Enjoy the days you're your baby's hero . . .

Unknown said...

Thank you! You're so right, it's nice that he hasn't reached the stage where I embarrass him yet! Smiles!

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

You will show all the other parents how the game should be played! I just know it!:)

Good Luck, I know you will do great!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Good luck. I'll bet you'll do great!

Restless Ink said...

I'm totally with you on feeling nervous - that sounds like a nightmare...to ME - someone who was not the least bit into sports ever - which you at least were at one point which means that you WILL BE FINE!:-D