Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Morning Motivation

So, I’m reading Joel Osteen’s book, Becoming a Better You, and it’s got me all fired up. I’m a self-help, motivational junkie. I absolutely love it. Anything that positively motivates people to follow their dreams, I just have to read.

Anyway, I’m only a quarter of the way through the book, but it’s already so empowering. The pages are filled with inspiring advice and great words of wisdom, too many to attempt to discuss in detail here, but there is an action that he suggests doing that I think can make such a difference in someone’s day.

He suggests (and I’m paraphrasing) waking up and saying positive affirmations. Too often we start the day expecting the worst. I know so many of us are over worked, underpaid and there are not enough hours in the day to deal with all the chaos that comes our way – at least not at Wifey’s House – but when you start off the day looking at your world in a positive light, giving thanks for and expecting great things, then great things are bound to happen. Even if they don’t, isn’t it better to be smiling through the chaos instead of stressing out about it?

Your thoughts hold so much power. Try – and I say try because it is not always as easy as it sounds – waking up with a smile tomorrow and a positive attitude about all of the wonderful things that you are going to do.

Is your cup half empty, or half full? Are there any other motivational mamas (or men) out there? What do you do to stay motivated? Positive people want to know…

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

2 comments:

White Hot Magik said...

It's amazing what staying positive can do isn't it. I often struggle with it. I haven't read any of Osteens books. I did read a fiction book I found quite motivational, The Shack.

Unknown said...

It is amazing. It sounds hokey sometimes, but I think it really works - smiles!