Friday, September 26, 2008

I Lost My Game

Friday’s confession…

I let somebody throw me off of my game – literally. Husband and I joined a flexible tennis league to play mixed doubles. We had our third match yesterday and lost. It’s not that we lost that bothers me, its how. The man we played yesterday was really friendly, but his wife had a cloud of negativity that followed her around the court. Not the obvious kind, she presented a very friendly front, but she had an air of snootiness about her that bothered me from the moment we shook hands.

I tried to ignore it, but I just couldn’t help being bothered by this woman’s every move. Needless to say, I focused more on her and less on my tennis game and was totally distracted by the time they beat us in the second set.

What bothers me the most is not that we lost – the couple played a solid game – it’s that I let myself be bothered by somebody else. I can’t even blame her. She really didn’t do anything but be herself, it was me who allowed me to be affected. I hate that. It’s not the way I normally conduct myself; I’m more of a shrug things off, the glass is half full kind of girl.

Friday’s confession … I let me throw me off of my game – literally. How about you? Have you ever pulled yourself out of your zone, and had trouble getting back? Thrown off moms want to know…

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

5 comments:

Heather Vreeland said...

Oh girl, this happens to me more than you know. I'm just glad I'm not the only one! :-)

White Hot Magik said...

I am my own worst enemy! Gee whiz I had a lot of catching up to do. I have been too busy to get around to all my blogs the last couple of weeks.

Kim/2 Kids said...

I used to get thrown off a lot but now I am a bit easier on myself. Of course, it still happens but much less often.

TerriRainer said...

Kids throw me off and stress me out. With five kids, other people don't tend to rattle me.

:) Terri

CP said...

When I play doubles, I'm usually OK. But when I play singles? I totally beat myself. Every time. Apparently I do not have a mental game. At all.