Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mama Needs a Makeover

Is spring break ever going to end?

A few days ago I was watching The Today Show and they were doing mom makeovers, so my son tells me in that brutally honest, I mean straightforward and loving way that kids so naturally do, that I need a makeover, too.

“Oh, really. Thanks, Miles.”

"You’re welcome," he answers, smiling.

“Do I really look that bad?”

I know, I know, I may as well have taped a big red bull’s-eye to my forehead.

“Yeah, you do,” he says, still smiling.

Thank God I have a sense of humor. Before I could pick up my ego off the floor he adds…

“Oh, and I think you should be a little richer, too!”

Ha. At least he didn’t call me stupid.

Much to Miles’ dismay his broke, need-a-makeover-mama will have to wait until next Wednesday to get her highlights done. In the meantime, my blog and website are getting their makeovers. My site, AskWifey.com, just got freshened up with a bright new color scheme; and Wifey’s House is getting a new look designed by the fabulous Trendy Mommy Blog Designs, courtesy of one of my favorite reads, Un-domestic Mama. I entered her contest and won!

Take a trip over to AskWifey.com and let me know how you like it. I’ll keep you posted on Wifey’s House and my personal makeover. As for being a little richer, I’m with Miles on that one, and working on it, too!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey