Friday, October 10, 2008

Wifey's Big Adventure

Friday’s confession…

I’ve been keeping a secret. I wasn’t trying to be deceptive, ahem, but I wasn’t able to disclose any details until now.

The secret is I’m going on a trip. Not just any trip. A trip overseas… to cruise the Mediterranean Sea… for two weeks… for a show on the Travel Channel… that’ll air in January.

Gasp!

I know. I’ve pinched myself several times, and am happy to report that I’m not dreaming.

Madrid, Barcelona, Livorno, Cannes and Venice are just a few of the places that I'll visit when I board the plane next Wednesday with my sister, Nicole, and our girlfriend, Wanda, to take a cruisetour on Royal Caribbean’s Brilliance of the Seas.

While I’ve traveled to Europe before, I’ve never cruised the Mediterranean and can’t wait to experience it on this beautiful ship.

I wish I could take you all with me – no really I do – but I can’t, so I will make sure to blog as much as I can while I’m there. In the meantime, I’m scrambling to get myself, my wardrobe and Wifey’s real house in order so that Husband and the kids will function smoothly while I’m gone. Gulp!

Here’s a picture of the beautiful Brilliance of the Seas…



And a suite similar to the one I’ll be staying in…



I’m officially counting down the hours until I leave … 118.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

14 comments:

CP said...

Congratulations- this is amazing news! You are going to have such a great time!

But, is it OK if I hate you? Just a little?

Unknown said...

LOL! Yes, join my family and friends including my husband and my father (they're the ringleaders to the "Hate Wifey and her fabulous trip" club).

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

That is wonderful! Congrats--so---do you work for the travel channel?

TerriRainer said...

WOW! That's so cool! Be sure to take pictures of the towels they leave folded in animal shapes on the bed (I think they do that on most cruise ships).

:) Terri

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies for the well wishes. No, I do not work for the Travel Channel, but I will be featured in a one hour show that they're doing on cruises. I believe my show is one of 12 shows ... I will make sure to share more details as I get them.

And, Terri, I will take pictures of the towels just for you - smiles!

Mozi Esme said...

Oh you sneaky lady! We are all so jealously drooling over here. Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I'm green with envy. Enjoy yourself.

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Holy COW! How awesome for you!!! And of course, your sister and your girlfriend, too!

You know, I'm a smallish girl. I can easily fit into a suit case. I'm just saying. . . :)

Have a wonderful, safe trip and don't forget to take lots and lots of pictures for us homebodies!

Lite }{ said...

Well aren't you a lucky Gal! Make sure you hand out those cute, handy cards everywhere you go. International networking is awesome, lol! I know of at least 3 people who will be missing Wifey, lol! They'll be just fine though. Ya'll do ya thing and bring us back some juicy dirt! lol
Ciao Bella!!}{ www.litefreedomariposas.blogspot.com

Rosemary Jean-Louis said...

This is big news Lorraine! But you forgot to mention what Travel Channel show and when we can watch you.

Uh yeah sorry gotta hate you a little :)

Smiles

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorraine!

It was so fantastic to meet and work with you guys on the ship. I had a fantastic day in Florence and Venice with you. Can't wait to see us all on TV!!!! Love to Wanda and Nicole and keep in touch.

Sandra
x

Dani said...

Okay I'm a little slow, but what EXCITING news!!!! Hope you're having (had?) a great time! Can't wait to see it on air! smooches

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm a bit on the slow end along with Dani on hearing about your trip around the world...hope everything went smoothly. Just found your site from Renee over at Cutie Booty Cakes. I really like your advice on here and over at your other blog. Keep up the good work and congrats to your sister on her engagement! LIke I said...I'm a bit slow on the...everythings! :o) I'll be back for sure.

My best, Lynn
www.safebeauty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone! For stopping by and your good wishes! :)