Friday, February 13, 2009

Idols Everywhere



No, I’m not in California on my way to becoming the next American Idol, but I did have my own American Idol Experience last night.

I’m down at Disney World in sunny Orlando on a writing assignment and was invited to attend the world premiere and after party of Disney’s Hollywood Studios new attraction, American Idol Experience.

Like everything Disney does, they did this big! The set looks just like the show and they found a host that does Ryan Seacrest better than Ryan Seacrest – and is more likeable, too.

Speaking of Mr. Seacrest, he was there to celebrate the event as well as all of the Idol winners and many of the show's previous contestants. David Cook and Carrie Underwood performed; and Disney wrapped the night up with a fabulous party in the theme park.


All of the American Idol winners (yes, I need a new camera, but the pyro/firework effects during the finale messed with the lighting).


The bluetini’s they served as you entered the soiree.


Yes, they served fabulous food, too, but these desserts were much cuter.

Thumbs up for the American Idol Experience; even if you’re not a fan of the show you’ll still enjoy the adventure. Now if you'll kindly excuse me, I'm off in search of a mouse...

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those deserts look delicious and it seems like everyone that attended the opening had a fabulous time.