Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I’m Back…

It’s Hump Day at Wifey’s House, the one day a week I dish about sex. Could there be better day to come back? OK, truth be told I’ve been back for a week, I just haven’t blogged. I needed some time to rejoin the “real” world. Wifey’s big adventure was so awesome and dare I say life changing that even I, a writer, can’t fully put it into words – gasp! Instead of trying to do that in one post I’ve decided to share bits and piece of my journey over time, but today, ahem, is Hump Day…

Did anyone watch Oprah’s show on sex this past Monday? Yes, somehow Oprah keeps finding her way into Hump Day. Anyway, if you missed it, you missed a good one. Dr. Laura Berman was her guest and gave a really fun and informative sex lesson about fantasies, orgasms and vajayjays as Oprah calls them.

I won’t attempt to retell the entire show, I suggest setting your DVR to catch it when it reruns, but I will share with you Dr. Berman’s homework assignments. The first one is to kiss for 10 seconds everyday. A few months ago I wrote about kissing and suggested something similar. Move past the peck and kiss your husband for a full ten seconds without the intent of it leading to sex. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how long a real ten seconds is – one one-thousand, two one-thousand… – and what kind of reaction you’ll get when you do it.

The second homework assignment caused a little stir with the audience: look at your vulva with a handheld mirror. Gasp! Her rational is that you need to know yourself, your own body, and be able to look at, especially if you want him to. Talk about freaking some people out. It’s amazing how sex, and most things relating to sex, can ignite such strong reactions. She didn’t suggest that you examine his body, ahem, she simply suggested that you look at your own.

So, this week feel free to recall your school days and do a little homework. Doubling up on the first assignment might even earn you extra credit.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

3 comments:

CP said...

Welcome home- we missed you! Glad you're trip was so amazing and we can't wait to hear all about it. Please- share the details...

Unknown said...

Thanks, CP! I missed everyone, too. No worries, I will share pictures and details, I promise! Looking forward to catching back up with everyone - smiles!

Lite }{ said...

I love pictures! The architecture, people (mainly the men,lol) and of course the fashions. Looking forward to seeing them!
Ciao Bella! }{
www.litefreedomariposas.com