Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sex Facts or Fiction

It’s Hump Day at Wifey’s House, the one day a week I dish about sex. This week I could use a little mindless humor. I stumbled across this website of interesting facts and thought that I’d share a few of the sex ones with you.

Sex is biochemically no different from eating large quantities of chocolate. Is that why I get so excited over a good piece of … chocolate?

Males, on average, think about sex every 7 seconds. No, really? I thought it was 5.

Each day, there are over 120 million sexual intercourse acts taking place all over the world. Wow. Imagine if all of the tired moms added to that number.

Sex burns 360 calories per hour! This is good to know for my Fifteen in Five plan.

Eight-five percent of men who die of heart attacks during intercourse are found to have been cheating on their wives. Can you say Karma?

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone. Hello, they lived in Bedrock…Yabba dabba doo!

25% of women think money makes a man sexier. No comment.

Women who read romance novels have sex twice as often as those who don’t. And I thought reading all of those self-help books was productive.

The average person spends 2 weeks of its life kissing. Hmm, I wonder how much of that leads to the 120 million sexual intercourse acts per day.

I’m not sure how many of these are facts or fiction. The site that I pulled them from listed no sources, but did include this on one of the lists:

60% of statistics are made up... Gasp! You mean eating large quantities of chocolate is not just like having sex? Damn.

This last one has nothing to do with sex, but I couldn’t resist…

In an average day, a four year old child will ask 437 questions. I can vouch for this one myself.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

5 comments:

Lu said...

I must tell you the kid fact completely made the post!!

Unknown said...

And it's so true! Smiles!

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Great post! Um, wow! I read romance novels. Hmm, things to ponder. ;)

Restless Ink said...

I have to agree...I'm not much of a romance novel reader, but by chance, I AM reading a Judy Blume novel. Can you say "R-rated"? Anyhoo, it's been an interesting influence on my libido for sure. This does not of course say anything about our sex life...maybe I DO need to start reading romance novels!

TerriRainer said...

But what if you WRITE romance novels???

:) Terri